Straight from the airport, Richard Gage, AIA, stops by KJLL 1330AM the JOLT to interview with “The Baron”, Chuck Aubrey on his Gnosis Radio program – June 26th, 2010.
ANKARA — All but two of the nine Turks killed in an Israeli raid on a Gaza-bound aid ship were shot more than once, and five died from bullet wounds to the head, according to forensic reports.
The documents, penned this month, were made available to AFP Tuesday by lawyers for the victims’ families, who have petitioned Turkish prosecutors to investigate the May 31 bloodshed on the Turkish Mavi Marmara ferry.
“The findings make it clear the Israeli forces shot to kill the activists and not to overpower them,” one of the lawyers, Yasin Divrak, told AFP.
The youngest victim, 19-year-old Furkan Dogan, a dual Turkish-US national, was shot five times, including twice in the head, the report said.
A bullet that pierced his face was fired from close range, it said, adding he was hit also in the back of the head.
The forensic experts failed to detect other close-distance shots on the remaining victims.
All nine bodies had been washed before being brought to Turkey and their clothes were either blood-soaked or otherwise unfit for analysis, making it impossible to reach a conclusion on the ranges of most shots, according to the documents.
Journalist Cevdet Kiliclar, 38, the web editor of the Islamist charity IHH that led the ill-fated campaign, was killed by a single bullet that hit him between the eyebrows, the report said.
Divrak drew attention to the autopsy of 61-year-old Ibrahim Bilgen, which included the discovery of a tiny bag containing pellets, still intact in his brain, which the report said was was fired from a hunting rifle.
“It is not a type of weapon that we have ever heard of,” he said.
Israel says its commandos used force after they were attacked with sticks and stabbed as soon as they landed on the Mavi Marmara, which was sailing in international waters. But the activists insist the troops opened fire as soon as they landed.
The bloody ending to the aid mission, which had aimed to break the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip, plunged ties between Turkey and Israel, once close allies, into deep crisis.
Turkey has dismissed a commission set up by Israel to investigate the raid, insisting for a UN-led international probe.
“Did you go swimming?”
Tucson, AZ, June 10, 2010 – Richard Gage, founder and spokesperson for Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, will deliver a public talk on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM at St. Mark’s Church, 3809 E. 3rd Street (just south of Speedway and west of Alvernon). Gage is a member of the American Institute of Architects and has specialized for 20 years in large steel-construction design and building. In his lecture Blueprint for Truth: The Architecture of Destruction, he provides a comprehensive analysis of the unprecedented global building destruction at the World Trade Center, which has been officially attributed to hydrocarbon fires. Gage explains why his evaluation casts grave doubt on the media stories and official reports by the 9/11 Commission, FEMA, and NIST, and indicates instead the use of controlled demolition.
Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth is a non-partisan association of architects, engineers, and affiliates, who are dedicated to using scientific and engineering analysis to uncover the truths about the “collapses” of the WTC high-rises on 9/11/01. The organization has experienced phenomenal growth in its membership over the last two years, and currently has over 1,200 building professionals and practicing engineers on board, as well as over 8,000 laypersons. AE9/11Truth also maintains one of the most active Internet web sites questioning the official account of 9/11.
Mr. Gage has presented his research in over 150 national and international venues, and on as many radio and TV interviews. He is an engaging and articulate guest and would be a fascinating discussant on any morning talk show or local media broadcast. Arrangements can be made through his Tucson hosts, whose contact information is given below.
Richard Gage will lecture in the main chapel of St. Mark’s Church from 7 p.m. until approximately 9:00 p.m. Time will be allotted for questions after the presentation. Parking is available on site or on the neighboring streets. The lecture is open to the public and a donation of $7.00 is requested to cover expenses. Mr. Gage is the guest of the local chapter of 9/11 Truth, and can be contacted through program coordinators K. Woerner (403-5118) or J.T. Waldron (624-9710).
One of hundreds of female volunteers planning to sail to Hamas-ruled territory with diapers, milk, medical supplies and clothes says, ‘Our only weapons are faith in the Virgin Mary and in humanity’
“Be sure we will never give Israel such a gift as to fight them or to have Hezbollah with us or to have any political party with us,’ the spokeswoman for the organizers of an aid flotilla from Lebanon to Gaza told The Times in an interview published Friday.
“We have diapers, a lot of diapers, we have milk, we have treatments for cancer in children and medical supplies and clothes. If they fight we will not defend ourselves,” Semir El-Hajj said.
The hundreds of female volunteers planning to set sail to the Hamas-ruled territory aboard the ship “Mariam” deny allegations that the flotilla organizers are connected to Hezbollah, the Lebanese terror group linked to Iran.
“Our only weapons are faith in the Virgin Mary and in humanity,” said Rima Farah, one of the activists.
The organizers told The Times that the women “all represent themselves”, are without political affiliations and include adherents to all the world’s big religions, including Judaism.
It remains unclear when the convoy will depart. Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk quoted a member of the International Movement Against Globalization and the American-Zionist Hegemony as saying that the “Freedom Flotilla 2” will consist of five ships from France, six from Germany and one from Lebanon.
According to movement, which is based in Egypt, the vessels are expected to begin the journey to Gaza on July 15 under the banner “The Shahid Mohammad al-Dura,” referring to the 12-year-old Palestinian boy who the Palestinians claim was killed by the IDF during a furious exchange of fire with Palestinian gunmen in Gaza in 2000.
The movement’s representative added that activists from several countries, including Egypt, Ireland, Alegrira and some Gulf states will take part in the sail.
He said Israeli Knesset Member Hanin Zoabi (National Democratic Assembly), and Raed Salah, the leader of the northern branch of the Islamic Movement in Israel, have already confirmed their participation.
The two Arab Israelis took part in the first sail to Gaza, during which Israeli commandos raided a Turkish ship, leaving nine people dead.
The movement’s representative said former South African President Nelson Mandela (92) will announce whether he will be taking part in the flotilla in the coming days.
Tehran, Iran (CNN) — Iran will not send a ship carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza as it had planned to do on Thursday, according to a report from the official news agency of Iran.
The Islamic Republic News Agency quoted Hossein Sheikholeslam, secretary-general of the International Conference for the Support of the Palestinian Intifada, as saying: “The Iranian ship carrying humanitarian aid will not go to Gaza.”
IRNA said that Sheikholeslam told reporters in the northern city of Rasht that the ship had originally been scheduled to depart for Gaza on Thursday, but that its departure was postponed until Sunday because of restrictions imposed by Israel.
He added that officials then decided instead to cancel the trip altogether, shipping to Gaza the goods by other means, IRNA said.
“The Zionist regime has made helping the people of Gaza, who are under siege, a political issue and we do not wish to politicize this kind of humanitarian aid because first and foremost we want the siege of Gaza to be broken,” he said, according to the news agency. “The Zionist regime has sent a letter to the U.N. saying that the presence of Iranian and Lebanese ships in the Gaza area will be considered a declaration of war on that regime and it will react to it.”
He added: “In order to deprive the Zionist regime of any excuse, the aid collected for the oppressed people of Gaza will be delivered to them by other means without mentioning the name of Iran.”
In a posting on the Israel Defense Forces website, the chief of the general staff said Israel has “a natural right to inspect and to prevent the flow of weapons into the Gaza Strip.”
“If anyone is bothered by the situation in the Gaza Strip and wants to transfer medical supplies there, they can respect our guidelines and go through to the Ashdod port,” Lt. Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi said Tuesday, according to the IDF. “We will inspect them, and if we can we will transfer them in.”
Ashkenazi added, “It is important that we maintain this right and we cannot let the Gaza Strip turn into an Iranian port.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced this month Israel’s plans to ease its blockade of Gaza, a step commended by major powers and brushed off by Palestinian leaders.
Palestinian officials said the steps were an improvement but called for the blockade to be completely lifted and the Israeli occupation ended.
Israel’s announcement came three weeks after ships in Israel’s naval blockade sparred on May 31 with a flotilla of aid ships heading to Gaza. Israel’s military stopped the flotilla, killing nine Turkish activists on one of the ships in the incident, which drew international condemnation.
Israel said its troops were attacked with knives, metal poles and other objects on one of the boats; the boat’s passengers said they were fired upon without provocation.
Israeli leaders are facing more legal action from rights activists who are filing new lawsuits in connection with Israel’s war crimes against Palestinians in Gaza.
Two Belgian lawyers filed an indictment on Wednesday on behalf of more than a dozen Palestinians, calling for some 14 Israeli officials to stand trial for crimes against humanity and war crimes allegedly committed during Tel Aviv’s December 2008-January 2009 offensive against the Gaza Strip.
The list comprises of various politicians and military and intelligence officials — including Defense Minister Ehud Barak, then Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, and former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert — who had a role in the deadly onslaught The Jerusalem Post quoted Hungarian News Agency MTI as saying.
The indictment defines Israel’s deliberate targeting of places known to hold civilians as well as attacks on plantations and water systems, among other things, as war crimes committed during the 22-day offensive that killed more than 1,400 Palestinians and left thousands more injured.
Belgium’s “Universal Jurisdiction” law allows for the trial of war criminals in Belgium while the events in question took place elsewhere.
A Brussels court granted a war crimes suit against former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in 2001. Fears of facing legal action in the country also made Livni refrain from traveling to Belgium as Israel’s foreign minister in 2009.
Meanwhile, a group of Greek activists plan to sue senior Israeli officials for their role in the May 31 deadly attack on a Gaza-bound aid convoy and the killing of several civilians onboard the fleet while it was in international waters.
The 33 Greek nationals, who were accompanying the Gaza Freedom Flotilla when it came under fire, accuse high-ranking Israeli officials, including Barak and Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi of violating international laws by attacking the flotilla in international waters.
Seventy-two bone fragments were found in about two dump trucks of debris that had yet to be sifted by forensics experts, US television’s ABC News reported Tuesday, citing the New York Medical Examiner’s Office.
The office said DNA testing was likely to identify some of the remains, given the size and condition of the bone fragments. About 1,000 people of the nearly 3,000 victims of the suicide plane hijackings that brought down the two towers of the World Trade Center have yet to be identified.The experts sifted through 645 cubic metres of debris over three months to find the remains. The debris was the last from the World Trade Center that had yet to combed.
Only 289 intact bodies were recovered. May-30-2002 – cnn.com
Some World Trade Center victims were ‘vaporized’ 01/15/2002 USA Today
NEW YORK (AP) — Three months after the World Trade Center attack, victims’ families are being forced to face the ghastly possibility that many of the dead were “vaporized,” as the medical examiner put it, and may never be identified. So far, fewer than 500 victims have been positively identified out of the roughly 3,000 feared dead. Sixty were identified solely through DNA. Jan-15-2002 – fdiai.org
They don’t even know how many people were in the buildings and stuff. I don’t think they’ll ever know. I’ve just been like working in sectors, on overtime in the past weeks, just seeing very few whole bodies going out, pieces of people, shoes and clothing with some bones inside. I never saw anything like that. -Lieutenant Gregg Hadala FDNY EMS Battalion 50 nytimes.com
At the World Trade Center, many of the victims recovered were horribly mangled, and in many cases only parts of bodies were recovered….The number of injured who required extrication, triage, and treatment was relatively small: “Either you were dead or you walked away from it. There was very little in between,” rand.org
I also know that we didn’t see large numbers of patients. I think by the end of the day, we had only seen 100 or so patients -James Martin FDNY EMS Division Chief nytimes.com
I was in the military as an Army combat medic, not war time, but I had training in that. It reminded me, everything was perfect man. It was like a MASH unit set up in there, in like a warehouse. We had ambulances lined up in rows and we were all waiting for that call to go down there to save some lives and that call never came. That was the most saddest thing about it, that with a job this size, this magnitude, I was saying to myself there is going to be numerous injured and we are going to have to really depend on our skills. Not a call….. waiting and waiting and waiting for patients. No show. It was like — I think that was the toughest thing, is that a job that magnitude you would expect thousands and thousands of patients. After the first wave, nothing. There were no survivors. -Michael Mejias FDNY EMT nytimes.com